Our Value Universe
Sorting the cheapest stocks in an investment
universe with a proprietary screening tool
enables us to optimize our research focus
How We Measure Value
Using normalized earnings instead of price-
to-book ratios can provide a more
comprehensive picture of a company’s long-
term earnings potential
company to earn across a business cycle.
Building high active share, concentrated portfolios that are centered around intelligent decisions and research
From the Ground Up
Engaging regularly with company management to ask questions that get to the bottom of a company’s undervaluation
Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG)
ESG analysis is an inherent part of our dedication to finding value. At Pzena, ESG integration means understanding how environmental, social, or governance issues might affect long-term normalized earnings. We continue to expand our ESG capabilities, including adding dedicated ESG research analysts to the investment team. We also became a signatory to the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) in early 2018 and a SASB Alliance member in 2020.Click here for additional information on our ESG Investing Approach
Our value philosophy stays the same, our strategies differ by investment universe.
- We offer US value portfolios of 30-80 stocks from an investment universe of the largest US companies.
- We offer US value portfolios of 30-80 stocks from an investment universe of 2,000 US companies (ranked 201-1,200 by market cap).
- We offer US value portfolios of 40-50 stocks from an investment universe of 2,000 US companies (ranked 1,001-3,000 by market cap).
- We offer US value portfolios of 15-25 stocks from an investment universe of the 3,000 largest US companies.
- We offer US value portfolios of 50-90 long stocks and 60-100 short stocks from an investment universe of the 1,000 largest US companies.
Client satisfaction is our biggest priority. We cater to our clients’ needs and provide access to our strategies through different vehicles. All our portfolios follow the same process to fulfill our goal of generating long-term alpha.